Anthem Shamrock Half Marathon was #13 for me. I cannot believe what I have been able to do in 3 short years since my first half marathon. Looking back at all of it… I am very proud of myself. I have come such a long way.
The Diva Half Marathon in April 2013 (http://nicolemichelles.com/2013/05/15/my-journey-to-a-half-marathon/) was the first and never forgotten. I finished with a 3:22:23 time. My heart will forever be there in that moment. I was about 19-20 weeks pregnant running it alone and terrified. But that was the moment that I also knew I could not be stopped if I put my mind to something. It completely reaffirmed my confidence that had taken a toll over the years.
My second half was the Disney Princess Half Marathon after having Hannah and I got to run it with my mother for her first half marathon. Words cannot even express how amazing it was to help my mom achieve such a feat.
My third half marathon was the Anthem Shamrock Half Marathon and I finally got to run the distance with my husband. He pushed me and encouraged me to break the ceiling. No limits. No need for them. We crossed the finish line at 2:54 and PR’d my half marathon time by about 28 minutes!
For lucky #13, I returned to Shamrock and snagged a PR once again! This time… 2:10:55!!!!! The weather was horrible and I was definitely not prepared for it. We had pouring rain, temp of 46, real feel temp of 33 and 18-23 mph winds. I had packed capris, tank and a UA heat long sleeve. Thank goodness for the time to head out and grab gloves & a poncho. I have to say…this is hands down my favorite race. And this was hands down the most fun because I got to celebrate the weekend with lots of fellow Stroller Warriors!
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Wore 18/20 & 22/24 for a gown)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16/18)
- As of today: 146.4 lbs (wearing size 4-6, XS-S & 26-27 jeans)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: 21% (Only re-doing every 15th when I take new measurements)
- 134 lbs
- 18% body fat
- Building & toning muscle
- Furthering my yoga practice
- Running with Charity Miles 🙂
- Next Race: RnR Raleigh Half & RAGNAR Richmond!!!
- Been sticking to my macros and noticing big improvements
- Lifting 4 days a week as well as running 4 days a week
- Stroller Warrior “Run the World” Campaign restarted for 2016!
- Welcome to join Will Get Fit…for Cake Fitness Group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Still logging in my MyFitnessPal! I hit a 1,084 day streak!