FALSE! No matter who you fill in those blanks with, this statement is false. I despise this statement so very much. This is a mere way to compare someone or yourself to someone else. Just because I can go out and run the way I do, does not mean that anyone else can…not even a woman of my same build in her 30s with 4 kids, Hashimoto’s disease, 3 herniated discs & 4 disc bulges and has lost almost 100 lbs. What I can do is pure and simple…what I can do. It takes what I have to do what I do. I surely cannot go out and necessarily do what others can.
You could try to go out and do it out of inspiration from another! That’s an absolutely wonderful part of what has happened along my journey. I’ve seen countless people inspire others, but please do not compare. Saying “if I can do it, you can too” is talking down about yourself. Saying “if you can do it, I know I can” is in a way talking down about that person.
Separate the sentence and it’s sheer amazing in it’s power.
I can do it!
You can do it!
Embrace the power in your words. Spread the awesomeness with your words!
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Wore 18/20 & 22/24 for a gown)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16/18)
- As of today: 148.2 lbs (wearing size 2-4, XS-S & 26-27 jeans)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: 20% (Only re-doing every 15th when I take new measurements)
- 134 lbs
- Finished Insanity Max:30!
- Started Kayla Itsines Bikini Body!
- Starting Hanson Marathon Method for MCM soon!
- Fund raising for the Semper Fi Fund team for the Marine Corps Marathon! https://runsignup.com/nicoledoria
- Stroller Warrior “Run the World” Campaign 1000 miles!!!
- Morning routine: Kayla Itsines Bikini Body!
- Nightly routine: ITB stretches, crunches, leg lifts and pelvis lifts
- Menu planning going well! Check my “Fit Foodie” blogs for all that we’ve tried (with an actual picture of what ours looked like!)
- Will Get Fit…for Cake Fitness Group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Still logging in my MyFitnessPal! I hit a 790 day streak!