I’m starting to think there’s something wrong with me. After non-stop marathon training for 9 months, I miss it. I complained every single week that I hated it. I couldn’t find time for it. But I miss it. I miss trying to jam 8 miles in with strollers in the pouring rain and no weather shields. I miss scurrying to get in a run at 5:30 am talking about deers, fog and zombies because that’s the only time during that entire day that I could give. I miss it all. Every last grueling moment of wonderful friendships that were created during the gauntlet of marathon training. Now I completely understand why people say the best part of the entire experience is not the race itself. It’s the time leading up to it all. It’s the confusion, the worry, the laughs…the pie. Oh yes…the pie. I simply cannot wait to start again. I need it. It is now a part of me that I never want to lose. What can I say…I’ve fallen in love with the journey!
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Wore 18/20 & 22/24 for a gown)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16/18)
- As of today: 146.8 lbs (wearing size 2-4, XS-S & 26-27 jeans)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: 20% (Only re-doing every 15th when I take new measurements)
- 134 lbs
- Started Week 4 of Insanity Max:30!
- Blogilates 30 Day Sleek Arm Challenge complete!
- 30 Day Crunch Challenge complete!
- Trying to fund raise for the Semper Fi Fund team for the Marine Corps Marathon! https://runsignup.com/nicoledoria
- Run streaking with the Stroller Warriors at CP complete!
- Stroller Warrior “Run the World” Campaign working my way to 750 miles!!!
- Next race: Run for the Warriors Half Marathon
- Morning routine: Insanity Max 30
- Nightly routine: ITB stretches
- Menu planning going well! Check my “Fit Foodie” blogs for all that we’ve tried (with an actual picture of what ours looked like!)
- Will Get Fit…for Cake Fitness Group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Still logging in my MyFitnessPal! I hit a 758 day streak!