This week has been one that was surrounded by changes. They’re everywhere in my life right now. I’ve completed marathon #3. Now working on more strength building and “resting” compared to the constant push the training has on your life. Now the focus is to raise money for the Semper Fi Fund to earn my race entry to Marine Corps Marathon. My hubby and running partner are already in so not I need to work on things to get there too.
Also if you would like to help me raise money to run the Marine Corps Marathon on the Semper Fi Fund team, you can donate through the link below! Thank you in advance!
Working hard on strength training to finish my personal goals. My fitness was put on a partial hold with marathon training. You may be scratching your head with that, but marathon training requires devotion to the training. You cannot really stray to do extra because other focuses may become a distraction, an energy drain or worse case…an injury waiting to happen. Now in my “off season” I’m checking into some things that I have been dying to try like Insanity Max:30, Arm challenges, weight lifting, yoga…you name it! It’s a fitness smorgasbord!
Making it through the end of another school year for the both the kids and myself. I’m winding down to graduation and all of their extracurricular is in full motion. Working on trying to volunteer a little more. It’s something that I enjoy doing but generally doesn’t work into the busy life with this family of six.
I’ve come full circle now with my goals. I originally set my sights on Shamrock Marathon 2014 and completed the 2015 Shamrock Marathon without the pesky injuries. Starting to try to aim higher. The 40th Marine Corps Marathon…experience a marathon that is a part of us. Our daily lives as an active duty Marine Corps family. Be there to run with my marine and witness his first marathon.
Finally…a big bucket list item. Ultramarathon. Old Glory 50K.
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Wore 18/20 & 22/24 for a gown)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16/18)
- As of today: 143.2 lbs (wearing size 2-4, XS-S & 26-27 jeans)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: 20% (Only re-doing every 15th when I take new measurements)
- 134 lbs
- Start Insanity Max:30 this week!
- Blogilates 30 Day Sleek Arm Challenge Day 9!
- 30 Day Crunch Challenge Day 9!
- Trying to raise money to run on the Semper Fi Fund team for the Marine Corps Marathon! https://runsignup.com/nicoledoria
- Site a friend posted…so true! http://runhaven.com/2014/10/02/5-things-successful-runners-never/
- Stroller Warrior “Run the World” Campaign 500 miles!!!
- Next race: MARSOC Mud, Sweat & Tears 5 mile Mud Run & Run for the Warriors Half Marathon
- Started reading the Unbreakable Runner
- Morning routine: yoga poses for breathing
- Nightly routine: crunches, butt lifts, leg lifts and ITB stretches
- Menu planning going well! Check my “Fit Foodie” blogs for all that we’ve tried (with an actual picture of what ours looked like!)
- Will Get Fit…for Cake Fitness Group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Still logging in my MyFitnessPal! I hit a 737 day streak!