And here I am. In the in between. The in between with 2 marathons. One completed and one coming. I feel strange calm to be truthful. I expected to be on edge but I think I spent all of those nerves last week. I know that my heart can push me through this and when I doubt it, my running partner is there to back it up.
The Shamrock was amazing. It was challenging like expected and it did push me like expected. By far, much better experience than the OBX Marathon on so many counts.
Yesterday was the release of the Marine Corps Marathon 2015 lottery results. I did not make it. It’s okay though. I’ve gone through and joined a Semper Fi Fund team like I had already talked about doing with my running partner. I do want the chance to personally feel that my miles have more meaning. The Marine Corps and military in general is such a big part of my life that I could not imagine not finding a way to show my support for it. Both my maternal and paternal grandfathers served in the military. Many of my friends from home went on to serve the military. And of course my husband is an active duty Marine with lots of military ties in his father, his cousin and even now his brother. Not to mention all of the wonderful families that we have met while living this life. I’m honored to go this route.
If you would like to donate, I have created a tab that goes directly into my Semper Fi Fund fund raising page or you can go directly to https://runsignup.com/nicoledoria. Thank you so much!
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Wore 18/20 & 22/24 for a gown)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16/18)
- As of today: 143.2 lbs (wearing size 2-4, XS-S & 26-27 jeans)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: 20% (Only re-doing every 15th when I take new measurements)
- 134 lbs
- Royal Burpee Challenge day 48!
- Shamrock Whale Challenge (8K & Marathon) complete!!!
- Marathon Maniac qualifier will be to do the Emerald Isle Marathon this weekend!
- Stroller Warrior “Run the World” Campaign… 455.01/500 miles!
- Nightly routine: crunches, butt lifts, leg lifts and ITB stretches
- Menu planning going well! Check my “Fit Foodie” blogs for all that we’ve tried (with an actual picture of what ours looked like!)
- Fitness Group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Still logging in my MyFitnessPal! I hit a 720 day streak!