Lately I have been pondering the differences in me from the OBX Marathon training to this training. It’s only about a 6 month difference in the phases of it all but EVERYTHING in me is different. It’s odd actually. I remember the aches and pains. The days I would come home after a long run and crash on the couch. Now I get home shower and clean the house. Like it has just become a part of my life to marathon train. It’s no longer it’s own beast. It’s a part of me. Now I’m not 100% sure what to think of all that. Maybe I’m out of my mind. Maybe I’ve finally found my peace.
Now don’t get me wrong. I miss not training. I miss just going for a run as long and as fast as I want. That time will come again though. And I’m sure when it does I will be saying that I miss have a plan and training schedule to go by. Thankfully with the hopes of this year I won’t have to miss it for too long before it’s back for the fall marathon training!
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Wore 18/20 & 22/24 for a gown)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16/18)
- As of today: 141.2 lbs (wearing size 2-4, XS-S & 26-27 jeans)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: 20% (Only re-doing every 15th when I take new measurements)
- 134 lbs
- Xtreme Endurance Challenge 10K was this last weekend!
- Started the Royal Burpee Challenge!
- Doing another challenge to do 30 push-ups for 30 days!
- Training for the Shamrock Whale Challenge (8K & Marathon) is at Week 13 of 18!
- Marathon Maniac qualifier will be to do the Emerald Isle Marathon the following week! It’s official now!!!!
- Stroller Warrior “Run the World” Campaign… 214.38/250 miles!
- Nightly routine…trying to mix it up a little bit. I’ve noticed the strengthening in my core but I think I’m getting bored with it. Testing out some new exercises.
- Menu planning still…struggling a little but still going at it! Check my “Fit Foodie” blogs for all that we’ve tried (with an actual picture of what ours looked like!)
- Loving macros! This has honestly been the easiest nutrition plan to follow. I’ve moved to using a maintenance set of numbers to better fuel my body for the higher mileage.
- Fitness Group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Still logging in my MyFitnessPal! I hit a 675 day streak!