It has been a journey. After this last year though, I have noticed something else begin to change. The “old me” has begun to fade from my memory. She would have never woke up in the morning and thought the things that I think now. She didn’t brush her hair the same or her teeth the same. Well she made her coffee the same but my point is…the pieces that differentiated me and her are massive. We do not think the same. I have found so much more than just my health in this journey. I have discovered a love of new foods and spices. I have found an inner confidence. A way to fight and believe. A passion. I thought I was something great then too but now I feel and believe it.
You know my husband yells at me all of the time for this but I’ll admit it. I always saw myself the same in the mirror. He thinks that means I have a warped self image but actually I think it’s just hard for him to understand. I always saw ME. Not the fat. Not the sadness. Not any of that. Just me. I look in the mirror now and I am still there. The same way I always was. Okay so I guess that’s one other thing that “old me” and I have in common. The first step of this journey. I got honest with myself and learned to love me. I wish more people would learn to simply love themselves. What’s the point of living if you cannot find love in your own skin?
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Wore 18/20 & 22/24 for a gown)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16/18)
- As of today: 144.6 lbs (wearing size 2-4, XS-S & 26-27 jeans)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: 20% (Only re-doing every 15th when I take new measurements)
- 134 lbs
- Completed the 30 Day Easy Squat Challenge!
- Need to start looking for another 30 Day Challenge. They keep me going through the cold weather!
- Signed up for the Grand Prix Semper Fit’s Trifecta!
- Training for the Shamrock Whale Challenge (8K & Marathon) is at Week 9 of 18!
- Marathon Maniac qualifier will be to do the Emerald Isle Marathon the following week! It’s official now!!!!
- Stroller Warrior “Run the World” Campaign… 35.3/250 miles!
- Nightly routine to 60 crunches, 30 side crunches each side, planking AND LOTS of stretching
- Bought Insanity Max:30 for the hubby and I to use but I need to wait until after the 2 marathons to start. I do not want to introduce any new strength training while building my distance and pace.
- Menu planning still…struggling a little but still going at it! Check my “Fit Foodie” blogs for all that we’ve tried (with an actual picture of what ours looked like!)
- Loving macros! This has honestly been the easiest nutrition plan to follow. LOVE IT!
- Fitness Group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Still logging in my MyFitnessPal! I hit a 650 day streak!