I have been mentally struggling a little bit with eating right and marathon training. It took a little bit of time finding easier recipes and better solutions to “fast” food. By fast food, I mean food that we can prepare fast. When you’re tired, you’re tired and pizza is easy. I’m not saying that we gone to a pizza diet but it has been a once a week treat in the house. I truly believe that treat part was more for me than the kids because it was a worry free night of not cooking or pan washing.
I am happy to say that I made it through marathon training (up to the taper currently) with going down 4 pounds! More importantly, I maintained that loss well AND dropped my body fat 2%. I lost and gained a few inches but the gains were GAINS (thighs are more muscular).
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Wore 18/20 & 22/24 for a gown)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16/18)
- As of today: 144.0 lbs (wearing size 2)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: 21.5% (Only re-doing every 15th when I take new measurements)
- 134 lbs
- 20% Body Fat
- OBX Marathon!
- Started to purchase colder weather running gear and sold off the few remaining mediums. They were beginning to fall so it’s all XS and S for me now.
- Still sticking with a nightly routine of 40 crunches, 30 side crunches each side, 40 squats AND LOTS of stretching
- Retired my ASICSs that I began the marathon training with
- Testing out macros to see if I can better manage what my body needs for the training.
- Almost finished reading Hal Higdon’s Marathon
- I hit the Stroller Warrior “I ran to Afghanistan and back” campaign for 500 miles in a year!!!!
- Menu planning tons! Check my “Fit Foodie” blogs for all that we’ve tried (with an actual picture of what ours looked like!)
- On my way to the Stroller Warrior “I ran to Afghanistan” and back and back again (LOL!) campaign with 583.38/750 miles!
- Fitness Group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Still logging in my MyFitnessPal! I hit a 565 day streak!