You may think I’m treating the word “just” unfairly as you read this. And that’s ok. The word gets a bad wrap from time to time.
“I’m just running a 5K” …you do realize what you’re saying right? You are running. You are not only running but you are running 3 miles. You have decided to take on those 3 miles. Give yourself credit for that!
“I just lost 5 pounds” …celebrate! Rejoice! You lost 5 pounds. Not “just” 5 lbs! That was hard work. Sweat and tears went into that 5 pounds. You grabbed that 5 lbs and kicked it out of your now 5 lbs less body!
I think too many times in life we use language to defeat ourselves. The negativity seeps into everything. Before we know it, we’re giving up. Why? Because we don’t even fully believe in ourselves! In the picture… I had “just” lost the baby weight. I was “just” running a 5K. And now…it’s a “just!” because! I woke up this morning and barely recognized me. I have come to the part of my journey that I can see the end in sight!
Day my life changed: 8/3/2012
- Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (Wore 18/20 & 22/24 for a gown)
- As of 8/3/12: 208.6 (wearing size 16 & 18)
- As of today: 153.8 lbs (wearing size 4 & 6)
Body Fat Percentage
- As of 8/3/12: 46%
- Body Fat %: 23% (Only re-doing every 15th when I take new measurements)
- 134 lbs
- 20% Body Fat
- OBX Marathon! I have running partner that is in for the crazy that I am!
- Looking to speed up my half marathon to a sub 2:30 for the Marine Corps Half Marathon
- Running schedule: half marathon, 10K, half marathon, marathon and half marathon all before the year’s end!
- Finally attended a restorative yoga class! Oh My Goodness!!!
- Finished the LBD 30 Day Challenge!
- Rested last week from the full week of the total body weight lifting/strength training plan (my favorite instagram friend sent me!!) so I could rest up a bit.
- Trying a new type of menu planning and slowly upping my carbs in prep for marathon training.
- About to have another fitting at TrySports. I think that now my posture is fixed after my chiropractic care I have either worn down my shoes or need a different pair due to my gait changing.
- Started on the new Stroller Warrior “I ran to Afghanistan” campaign…187.18/250 miles
- Fitness Group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Full force with logging in my MyFitnessPal
- Looking for recipes? Check my “Fit Foodie” blogs for all that we’ve tried (with an actual picture of what ours looked like!)