Before I really get into this… This is only my journey. This is what worked for me. This is not what I recommend or suggest but simply telling my story. Many people have asked me what I did, do or are doing to get my weight down. A LOT! Well it doesn’t feel like a lot to me because it’s become my life and I’m in love with it!
- 2007 – Bought a size 20/22 ball gown for my first Marine Corps Ball in San Diego. This is after being fitted for a bridemaid’s dress…22 top and 24 bottom. No my friends…those are not inches. I cried a lot, grabbed my foot long 3 cheese Wawa sub with mayo & a bag of cool ranch doritos and drown my sorrows.
- 2008 – Had my beautiful baby boy! He actually did all the hard work for me! During my pregnancy with him I had an aversion to fast food and greasy food. OH the heartburn! Oh the massive amounts of tums!!! After he was a month old, I was down to a size 16 in women’s clothing. Sadly, I went back to the bad eating though.
- 2009 – I had been staying steady between 16 & 18 when we discovered I was pregnant with Lilli. …WORST SICKNESS EVER!!! I literally ate Ellios pizza for the first trimester because nothing else would stay down. Ran the risk of gestational diabetes again… I ate horribly but I was active! Chasing Aiden that is.
- 2010 – Lilli was born! One month later in my 16s again! Another thing was born shortly after…Nicole Michelle’s Creations. I was a busy woman! I had a 2 year old, a breastfeeding baby and a sewing business! Enter in nutrition of coffee and m&ms. Yes, I did that. Got down to a 14 with that diet of coffee and chocolate.
- 2011 – Our first big move from NC (where I finally felt at home) to California. Halfway through the move…pregnant with Isabel. By the time we got to our destination I had already gained 16 lbs…by 12 weeks. CRY!!!!
- 2012 – Isabel was born! And afterwards…size 18.
This brings us to the serious beginning of the effort after all the wrong ways.
- Moved into our home in Jacksonville, NC.
- Foot down! No more junk food on the grocery list.
- No more soda on the grocery list.
- No more candy.
- Searching for healthy recipes… Still searching.
- And began blogging 🙂
- Fell off the wagon. http://nicolemichelles.com/2012/07/28/weight-loss-fell-off-the-wagon/
- Friend contacted me about Advocare.
- Prepared cabinets for clean eating.
- Downloaded MyFitnessPal.
- Broke down and began therapy for the beginning to everything. My goal for a fit mind, fit body & fit soul. I was working on me. My past, my present…my body image.
- Began using the xBox Kinect.
- Began to listen to the free lessons to help with over or emotional eating from www.TooMuchOnHerPlate.com
- Found Blogilates. So much easier to do youTube workout videos that are short during nap time!
- Began to work on proper posture. My abs killed!
- One ice cold water first thing in the morning!
- 80/20 food rule. 80% of the time eat healthy and 20% of the time indulge. http://wp.me/p2UQlt-As
- September 8, 2012 – I went outside and walked 2.08 miles at 20:11/mile
- Found a protein bar I loved for healthy, convenient food.
- Printed my skinny me and chubby me pictures to display. Needed a reminder of where I’ve been.
- September 19, 2012 – Started a C25K program.
- Found SkinnyTaste!
- September 26, 2012 – Started the Visalus Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge.
- Found my favorite blog read EVER!!!! http://flintland.blogspot.com/2012/05/hey-fat-girl.html
- Became a Body By Vi consultant http://nicolemichelles.com/2012/09/24/the-why/
- Fell in love with these recipe websites; The Fit Cook and He and She Eat Clean
- Started using the Gold’s Gym Waist Trimmer
- Love this blog! If you have the time, read her weight-life transformation! http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2012/09/26/how-often-do-you-weigh-yourself/
- Got a FitBit Zip from a dear friend who said I inspired her *heart*
- Always remember Fresh > Frozen > Canned veggies
- Got a foam roller to help with muscle stretching!
- Bought Gold’s Gym Thigh Slimmers BUT I walked out of them literally! SOOO I put them on my arms 🙂
- Thyroid issues 🙁 My genes are catching up to me http://nicolemichellesblog.wordpress.com/2012/10/16/my-genes-are-catching-up-to-me/
- Joined Stroller Warriors
- Bought new sneakers just for running as well as a single jogger. The Hubs is going to train for C25K with me. Not that he needs to but he’s my moral support 🙂
- Great read sent by HERFitness. http://www.builtlean.com/2012/09/24/body-fat-percentage-men-women/
- Been trying the theory to Chris Powell’s carb-cycling.
- Blogilates‘s Arm Challenges!
- Friend of mine sent an It Works wrap – Results: 2 1/2″ down and my skin looks a lot better. It helped pull it back up!
- December 9, 2012 – Ran my first 5K!
- 20 “girl” push-ups, 40 tricep push-ups, 40 crunches and lots of stretching
- Results from Body By Vi 90 Day Challenge http://nicolemichelles.com/2012/12/28/you-me-and-a-cup-of-vi/
- Started the C210K program!
- Doing 3 different tummy crunches 50 each a night
- Using elliptical on off running days
- Finished 10K program
- Bought a treadmill
- Started a thyroid medication to help get it back under control during the pregnancy.
- Half Marathon training.
- Started taking spin class for cross-training.
- 30 day squat challenge
- Push-ups every night still
- Ran a half marathon!!!
- Beach running!
- Wrote about my journey to a half marathon http://nicolemichelles.com/2013/05/15/my-journey-to-a-half-marathon/
- Run for Warriors 10K
- Lots of yard work!
- Only wearing maternity tops by week 24 🙂
- Blueberry Festival 5K
- Stroller Warrior’s “I ran to Afghanistan” campaign
- We started menu planning
- Sand-sational 8K
- Ran the Run to Remember Sgt Pyaett 5K
- Runiversary! http://nicolemichelles.com/2013/09/28/runiversary/
- September 23rd – Hannah Clare was born!
- By the 7th, normal clothes again!!!
- Cleared for exercise!
- Started to work in some push-ups and planks
- Started the Fit Foodie blogging!
- Hampstead Turkey Trot 8K
- Yoga class once a week
- 30 Day Guns, Buns & Abs Challenge
- Jillian Michael’s Ripped in 30
- Santa Shuffle 5K
- Plank Challenge
- Marathon training!
- Completed the Stroller Warrior’s “I ran to Afghanistan” campaign for 250 miles!
- Jump Start 2014 Fitness One Week Challenge http://wp.me/p2UQlt-1ky
- Started a new fitness group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/566678520087780/
- Shoe fitting!
- Refrigerator makeover! http://wp.me/p2UQlt-1m3
- Been searching for a new protein powder…decided on Jay Robb Whey Protein!
- Bars…I’ve been testing tons! Love love love Think Thin Brownie Crunch and Pure Protein Chocolate Deluxe
- New sweets quencher – Luna Protein Bars Choc Chip Cookie Dough & Peanut Butter
- Got a caliper and finally had a good measurement!
- Doing a short tummy workout and butt workout plan in the mornings before eating any calories.
- Glass Slipper Challenge! Enchanted 10K & Princess Half Marathon in one weekend!
- Been earning money for my good habits on the app Pact
- Shamrock Anthem Half Marathon
- Cherry Point Half Marathon
- 30 day squat challenge
- Started seeing a chiropractor to help with old spine issues from a car accident.
This brings us to the now. The point that I am at…fighting for the final few pounds before I switch to lowering my body fat more. It’s a lot. I will not ever deny that but it was worth it.
Overall loss from where my story began: 92.9 lbs
Body Fat Loss: 17.8% (since 8/2012)
Total Inches Lost: 34.3″ (since 8/2012)
From a size 22/24 to a size 18 to a size 6!