The latest…the pregnancy and my thyroid just don’t seem to want to get along. My iron level, however, is doing great! It’s amazing what you can control with just tweaking your diet and other things are just too far out of common fixes. I’ve been told to go on iron vitamins and supplements before but I can fix that. I’ve been told that I was in the danger zone for diabetes and I can fix that too. My thyroid, however, that’s not something I want to be messing with. I really wish that I would have been tested in my other pregnancies for the hormone levels associated…I bet they were out of whack then too. Makes you even wonder how many things slip through the cracks without us noticing. Mine was simply because I didn’t realize that my mom had thyroid issues too. I never put it down on the checklist.
PS Coolest thing now…the shocked look on doctors’ or nutritionists’ faces when I tell them how much I run! Love the responses! I know I’m doing the right thing even if it’s not the common thing!
Weight: 189.2 lbs today
Pregnancy Weight Start: 177.8 lbs as of 1/23/13
Week: 21 day 6
Total pregnancy gain: 11.4 lbs
- My third Challenge! Not really tracking as much except for maintaining my pregnancy gain under the healthy amount of 20 lbs.
- Had a rocky week. Had a stomach bug last weekend and then got hit with a cough/cold this weekend.
- On Day 23 of the 30 day squat challenge! Ready to not do squats for a good long while!
- Staying steady with MyFitnessPal!
- No spin class this last week but returning to it this week hopefully! Trying to get my immune system back on board.
- No maternity clothes yet accept for some shirts now for the length and the maternity workout tanks! Still sticking strong to this!
Recipes tried this week! You can find the pin board of them here