I never thought much before about what I was cooking or if it was that bad. I had in the last couple years always spent the extra money on the 96-97% lean ground beef or the 99% fat free chicken. I bought the reduced fat cheeses and the whole grain pastas. I did everything…except vegetables. I was a canned veggie or it’ll go bad/take up too much room in my freezer type of thinker. The thought of cutting up a bunch of veggies for a recipe just sounded like a lot of work. And butter. Butter & oil. They are so easy to just throw in a pan. I figured that it’s only greasing the pan so the food doesn’t burn…not adding fat to my meal.
Let’s just say that this whole process has been an awakening of sorts. I can make so many things. So much food AND keep it healthy. You don’t have to sacrifice a large plate. Just fill it with different things. Prepare the foods better! Make it fresher! Enjoy the guilt-free foodiness!
Weight: 177.8 lbs today
Total loss: 30.8 lbs & 27.55″ since 9/8/12
90 Day Challenge: Down 23.33 lbs BF, 26.55″ lost & Up 1.13 lbs lean muscle
Body Fat %: 33%
Highest weigh-in to date: 243.5 lbs on 3/11/2008 (The day I went in to labor with Aiden. Not sure if I had been higher. I do remember wearing 18/20 mostly & being sized at a 22 for a bridesmaids dress.)
Weight goal: 134 lbs (last seen in high school)
- Day 30 of the second Challenge!!!
- Week 14 Day 2 of the 10K Trainer!!! One more day left on it! I use the Zen Labs 10K trainer for my iPhone.
- 13.54 miles ran this week!
- Trying to use the elliptical on my off running days if my legs are sore or cramping up, but at an easy stretch kind of pace.
- Every night! 20 “girl” push-ups, 40 tricep push-ups from the Blogilates arm challenge and attempting to master the plank!
- Also started to work more on my tummy! Doing 3 different tummy crunches 50 each.
Also join me if you’d like on the 90 Day Challenge! You can also join the Facebook group to watch Adrian and my day to day posting of the Challenge with info & best of all recipes! And please if you want to do this with me, I will gladly add you on MyFitnessPal so we can encourage one another! You can click on the badge along the right side to find me!
Recipes tried this week! You can find the pin board of them here
- Skinny Coconut Chicken http://skinnymom.com/2011/08/11/skinny-coconut-chicken/
- Sweet & Spicy Apricot Dipping Sauce http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/12/skinny-coconut-shrimp.html
- Creamy Cauliflower Puree http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/03/creamy-cauliflower-puree.html
- Heart shaped eggs and toast http://www.marthastewart.com/272733/heart-shaped-eggs-and-toast?czone=holiday/valentine-center/valentine-cnt-recipes¢er=276967&gallery=274403&slide=272733
- Strawberry Nutella Poptarts http://www.thenovicechefblog.com/2012/02/strawberry-nutella-poptarts/
- Cinnamon Apple Crisp http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/09/cinnamon-apple-crisp.html
- 250 Calorie Banana Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting http://www.canyoustayfordinner.com/2013/01/16/250-calorie-banana-cupcakes-with-cream-cheese-frosting/
- Bangin Good Shrimp http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/05/bangin-good-shrimp.html
- Sweet Potato Skins http://www.thefitcook.net/1/post/2012/12/sweet-potato-skins.html
- Meatball Spaghetti Squash Parmigiana http://www.foodtocook.org/spaghetti-squash-meatballs/